2015 ITYFL Board of Directors
President: Steve Moylan
Vice President: Dave DeGrappo
Treasurer: Greg Stevens
Equipment Manager: Scott Levassuer
Dir Coaching/Plr Agent: Open
Director of Comm: Open
Director of Cheering: Erica Mourkis
Safety Officer: Howie Lewis
2015 Schedule Coming Soon
Sep 12 or 13 Season Opens
We have a great season planned and lot’s of exciting improvements to our program. All home games will be played on the high school field, we have a new website and all our players will be wearing protective helmet caps from Guardian. The coaches are working hard to prepare for the 2015 season.
Our Coaching Philosophy:
Make sure the kids have fun, stay safe and learn the fundamentals of football. Teach valuable life lessons like teamwork, preparation, determination, good sportsmanship and how to overcome adversity. Homework and good grades are always a top priority for our players as we are building student athletes and preparing them for high school success.
IMPORTANT Dates for 2015 Youth Football:
May 1: Registration Opens for Football and Cheering.
May 9: All Coaches at Equipment Locker for inventory, sizing, clean-up (helmets sent for re-conditioning).
June 1: Fund Raiser Starts at Shaws, YMCA, MarketBasket for New Guardian Caps (extra helmet safety in 2015) and New Game Jerseys for 8th Graders (with names). Prizes include: Beats Headphones and Ipad.
July 18: Mandatory Coaches Session with Drills and Playbook (HUDL practice, Heads-up tackling practice, 5 Basic Plays we ALL run on O).
Aug 1: Registration closes. Final teams and rosters are due to CAL.
Aug 3 - 7: “Pick-up Pads” and equipment pick-up at 19 Mitchell Rd. Head coach will send each team exact time and day for “equipment fitting”. All players must be paid in full or bring a check.
Aug 10: Mandatory Coaches Meeting and on-field session to review Combine Day, Drills, Practice plans and Heads-up Tackling.
Aug 11 (Tuesday): is “COMBINE DAY in Shorts” for all players with 6 stations of basic football drills and “timing". A fun way to get the kids back into football and determine positions and skill level.
Aug 12: is “Mini Camp in Shorts” with numerous O and D stations (run by separate coaches) and we mix A thru C players at QB/Backs station, Receiver station, Linemen station.
Aug 13: is “Team Day” still lots of drills and a little Team O and Team D with 5 basic plays. Lots of running… (still no pads) and PARENT Night in Town Hall for program overview at 6p.
Week of Aug 17 and 24: Full Pads and lots of Drills. Master 5 Key plays (run and pass).
Aug 30th: All League Jamboree for A teams. Scrimmage at North Andover Field.
Sep 7th Labor Day Vacation. Tues – Fri last full pre-season week of practice.
Sep 12/13: Season Starts!
• Coaching Clinics: Many of the coaches have attended offseason coaching clinics put on by some of the best coaches from successful youth, HS, College and Pro (Patriots and Eagles) organizations. Emphasis during most of these sessions were safety, proper drills and techniques, safe tackling and keys to improving your program.
• Concussion Awareness: All of our coaches are required to complete an online course with USA Football that covers concussion awareness and prevention. All coaches are taught proper tackling techniques and “concussion awareness” and we then teach all the players the “heads-up tackling” technique from USA Football . We promote the “when in doubt, sit him out” philosophy.
• Uniforms: The A Team will all be getting new game jersey’s this year (with names on back). We are also eventually moving all levels to black integrated game pants.
Time to sign up for the 2015 YOUTH Football Season!
Registration Opens May 1st-July 1st
Cheering & Football (all skill levels welcome)
Open to Boys & Girls entering grades 4 thru 8 next fall
$205 Registration Fees Includes: Equipment & Uniforms (cheering and football)
Exciting Changes for 2015:
• Cape Ann League aligning schedules to team size, Ipswich in smaller division.
• All Players will now be wearing “Guardian Caps” on their helmets. Take a look… www.GuardianCaps.com Fundraiser kicking off soon.
• Follow us on Facebook for announcements.
• Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the 2015 Football Season!